Who we are: We’re the Illinois Shotokan Booster Club, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that was founded in 1983. We are simply a group of interested parents and students who want to actively support our children’s and/or our own interest in karate.
We focus on 3 main goals:
- To share in and support our children’s and/or our own interest and training in Shotokan Karate.
- To support the efforts of the Illinois Shotokan Karate Clubs, its instructors and its members.
- To help advance Shotokan Karate as an activity and participation sport. Promoting its mental, physical and health benefits… as we have seen and enjoyed by and developed within our own children or ourselves.
What We Do:
The Booster Club acts as both a manpower and fundraising arm of the Illinois Shotokan Karate Clubs.
From a “manpower” standpoint we….
- Plan, organize and co-sponsor an annual Awards Banquet to honor all of our Karate students and instructors
- Aid in organizing and conducting local, state, and national karate tournaments
From a “fundraising” standpoint we…
- Hold candy drives twice per year
- Host the Kick for Cures Kick-A-Thon Event
- Solicit corporate and personal donations
All funds earned from these events are used to:
- Award scholastic scholarships to those instructors and students who have met pre-established criteria.
- Award karate training & travel scholarships.
- Purchase training equipment to be used in class by all students.
- Co-sponsor the annual Awards Banquet including the presentation of a participation trophy to each student in attendance, recognizing the time, effort and dedication they have put forth during the year.
What You Can Do to Help:
JOIN THE BOOSTER CLUB AND MAKE OUR CLUB, YOUR CLUB!
We’re an organization that wants to do more for our karate students. We want to help advance and reward them for the hard work and effort they put forth. We want to help them understand the true benefits of their karate training. And, we want to show them that we support them 100%. Therefore, we not only need help in continuing the activities we’ve already started, but we also encourage your fresh, new ideas.
So, join our club. We need your help no matter how much time you can devote to it.
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Judy DiPasquale at the ISKC office at: 847.359.0666 x17
The Illinois Shotokan Karate Booster Club is a not-for-profit 501(c) 3 corporation and we rely on public donations and fundraisers to support our organization. The main fundraising activity is our Candy Sales. Twice a year we ask the students to sell at least 1 carton of candy to friends, family and co-workers. The proceeds of these 2 candy drives funds the majority of our scholarships.
The Kick-A-Thon funds our charitable donations to organizations like Make-A-Wish, Autism Speaks, and the Alzheimer's Association. It also provides funds to help support families within our organization who are battling terrible illnesses. Also, a portion is put into our Jennifer Malloy Scholarship Fund which is awarded at our annual banquet in November.
CONTACT THE BOOSTER CLUB
Illinois Shotokan Booster Club
P.O. Box 887
Palatine, Illinois 60078-0887
Phone: 847.359.0666 X17 – ask for Judy
Feel free to contact the members of the Executive Committee or Board of Directors:
Phil Hampel – President
Diane Martin – Vice President
Judy DiPasquale – Secretary
Beth Noia- Committee Member
Bill Bastian – Committee Member
Joe Principe – Committee Member
David Renner – Committee Member
Dan Ryan – Committee Member
Denise Peters – Committee Member
Tim Watts – Committee Member
Board of Directors: